Saturday, October 27, 2012

Pineapple starter baked doughnuts

I made pineapple yeast and also made a starter with it. The starter didn't look very active...;( I think it's because it's getting cold... just like me...

Anyway, hoping that the starter would work, I made mini baked doughnuts. To my surprise, the doughnuts rose quite well, so I guess the starter worked?

The doughnuts were tiny bit dry so I poured icing sugar over them. They tasted nice but I thought they looked a bit like onion rings with Marie Rose sauce. Well.., we had them with beer. :D

I might try this with my other yeast (Banana? Lemon? Raisin?)

Ingredients:

Pineapple starter 100g
Flour 200g
Demerara sugar 100g
Egg 2
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
Oil 2 tbsp

1. Bring the starter to room temperature.
2. Mix eggs and sugar well.
3. Add oil and vanilla extract into 2 and mix well.
4. Mix the starter into 3.
5. Fold in flour into 4. Let the mixture rest over night.
6. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Pour the mixer into a cake tin.
7. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 15 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment