Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin cream bread

It's this time of the year again! It's the pumpkin season! I love autumn. There are so many foods in this season that I love. Pumpkin is definitely one of them.

The other day I found a really cute pumpkin in a shop. For a couple of day the pumpkin was my baby's best friend and then came back to me in the kitchen. I decided to turn Mr pumpkin to a nice smooth pumpkin cream.

This silky and creamy pumpkin paste is so versatile that you can use it in breads, cakes, any other desserts but also nice to eat as is!

Here is how to make the pumpkin cream:
Ingredients

Pumpkin (after cooked) 700g
Double cream 80g
Demerara sugar 60g
Salt 5g
Butter 50g
Cinnamon 1/2-1 tsp

1. Peel the pumpkin skin and take the seeds away. Cut in small pieces. Put them in a microwave safe bowl. Cover the bowl with cling film and cook for 10 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
2. Put the pumpkin in a blender and make a smooth paste.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until they're mixed together well.
4. Get creative! Use in bread, cake, ice cream, anything you like or eat as is.:D



I made some pumpkin cream bread. Not only did I add the pumpkin cream in the bread dough but also I put the cream inside of the roll. The dough turned bright yellow and had nice soft texture. The sweet cream oozed out when I bit into the roll.... Heavenly...

I finished baking those rolls late last night and had to have one because it smelt so nice and one taste bite was certainly not enough. I didn't care what time of the night it was... It was that tasty...

I also made "Ducks" (which became "deformed ducks"... and "Booboo pig". ;D

Ingredients:

Strong flour 250g
Plain flour 250g
Yeast 7g
Egg 1
Milk 140g
Butter 50g
Sugar 50g
Salt 5g
Pumpkin cream 200g
Extra pumpkin cream to put inside.
Egg for egg wash
Pumpkin seeds to decorate

1. Put all the ingredients in a standing mixer and knead for 10 minutes.
2. Cover the bowl with cling film and rest the dough until it's doubled in size.
3. Take out the dough on a floured surface and divide into 16 pieces and make balls. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out each ball and place a tablespoon of pumpkin cream in the middle. Seal the dough tightly and place the roll on a baking tray with the sealed side facing down.
5. Rest the dough again until it's doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Egg wash the top of the rolls and put pumpkin seed on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 20 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment