Monday, October 22, 2012

Blackberry crumble muffin

There was some crumble topping left from my chestnut crumble cake, so I baked some blackberry crumble muffins.

Because I didn't strain the jam the muffins had a lot of pips, which I was quite fine with, but if you like more smooth texture I recommend you use a jam without pips our strain it with a sieve.

By the way, for some of the muffins I mixed the crumble topping in the batter in stead of putting it on top. And..., it was actually pretty good! One thing is when you mix in the crumble, make use not to over mix or the cake will become tough.

Ingredients:
Flour 150g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Brown sugar 150g
Egg 3
Butter (melted) 100g
Blackberry Jam 100g

1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and rub with fingers until the mixture becomes sandy.
2. Make the cake mixture. Beat eggs and sugar together until it's fluffy.
3. Add melted butter into 2 and mix well.
4. Sift flour and baking powder. Fold them into 3.
5. Fold in blackberry jam into 4. (Mix in the crumble if you want the crumble in the batter.)
6. Pour the cake mixture into a cake tin. Put the crumble on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the top of the cake is lightly golden.

Have you seen my other cakes with Blackberry jam?


Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment