Thursday, June 12, 2014

Two New Sourdough Starters

I'm bit of a maniac when it comes to bread, especially sourdough bread...

I currently use three different starters on a regular basis, strawberry, banana and yoghurt & raisin, all of which are about two years old now. Most of my breads (if not all), and some of my cakes and biscuits are made with these starters.

If you are interested in making your own starter, then join me! See the bottom right of the page, and sign up to the mailing list, or you can contact me directly to join the course too!

And now..., I've got two more potential starters that might become my regular guys. ) One of them is "Lemon" and the other is "Rose". Hah, don't they sound like people? ;D

Hello, here is Mr Lemon!

And, this is Miss Rose!

For both of them, the liquid part of the starter is done. (Oh?!, are you thinking "what's liquid part?" then, see the bottom right! Sign up to the mailing list to find out more.)
Left: Mr Lemon. Right: Miss Rose.

Now, Mr Lemon has been fed for three days, and looking nice and active, so I reckon he is ready to go. Miss Rose is looking good too but probably needs bit more time.

These two new comers are still in the state of 'not quite establish', so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they mature as well as my other starters and help me make great breads.


Meanwhile I've tasted out Mr Lemon. I made lemon and poppy seed muffins with it. 

It was ok..., it needed bit more time to mature but I could definitely see the potential in it. :) I'm doing some more experiment with them and will be posting here about their progress. ;D

Oh and! before you go..., don't forget to see the bottom right of the page! ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment