Friday, June 6, 2014

Matcha & Vanilla Eclair, Choux

Bon Bon Bon Appetit!
Choux pastry filled with a generous amount of cream, especially what I call 'the double cream' (the combination of whipped cream and custard...) has always been one of my favourite things to make and eat.

This time as well as the classic Vanilla custard cream puffs and eclairs, I also made Matcha flavoured ones.

Seriously..., I've said this before but 'I love matcha soooo much!' This matcha double cream takes the already-awesome-cream-puff to the next level.

Look! It's definitely to die for.;D

Choux pastry is not hard to make, yet the end result looks impressive and can be made into different shapes such as Eclairs, or even with different colours! (Have you seen my Halloween puffs? ;)


I'm now working on my illustrated recipe for choux pastry that will be soon on BON APPETIT., so please bare with me! Meanwhile you can enjoy my quick fun choux pastry making video on Instagram;)

Here comes the Cream puff family♥︎

This is how I make basic custard.
Ingredients:
Egg yolk 2
Sugar 50g
Flour 1 tbsp
Milk 200g
Vanilla beans (1/4-1/2)

1. Mix egg yolk and sugar together.
2. Add flour into 1.
3. In a small pot warm up milk with vanilla (Do not boil!).
4. Slowly mix in the milk into 2.
5. Put 4 back into the pot.
6. Cook the mixture on a low-medium heat until the bubble starts to appear (Be careful not to burn the bottom). *
7. Cook another minute, then pour the mixture in a container to cool it down.

*For Matcha custard, mix 1 tsp Match powder with 1/2 tsp water to make a paste. At step 6 add the paste and mix well.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment