Thursday, June 19, 2014

Croissants with Lemon Yeast

My new Lemon Yeast is doing pretty well, and the sweet smell of the starter inspired me to make some pastry stuff with it such as...,Croissants, yay!

The recipe is the same as Croissant - Strawberry Yeast -.

Although the lemon starter has a quite strong lemony smell that carried on to the dough, I didn't really taste the lemon when the bread is baked.

This time, I made three different types of croissants.

Plain...

Almond... (filling recipe below.)

Lemon and coconut... (filling recipe below.)

Almond filling -
Ingredients:
Almond powder 50g
Sugar 40g
Butter 40g
Egg 30g

• Cream all the ingredients and chill in the fridge. 

Lemon & Coconut filling -
Ingredients:
Fresh lemon juice 100ml
*Sugar 50-100 g
Egg 2
Coconut butter 75g
Lemon zest 1/2 tsp
(*50g make it very lemony and sharp. Adjust the amount according to your desired sweetness.)

• Mix all the ingredients together in a heat proof bowl, and Bain Marie until the mixture thickens. Sieve the mixture for a smooth texture.

I made these croissants a day before the Race for Life 10km run so that I could treat myself after my race. And yes, I did... I had four of them afterwards! The flaky buttery pastry was the best cure for my empty and exhausted stomach...:D

Andy made me omelet to make a croissant sandwich.

Seriously..., the Croissant sandwich...
If I didn't care about my figure, I would choose croissants as my sandwich bread all the time...;d

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment