Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Peanut butter cinnamon roll

My peanut butter addiction comes in waves, and the big wave has come again recently. I've been constantly having a spoonful of peanut butter whenever I see the jar...  I felt I should make something with peanut butter, not just eating it...

So here, I made Peanut butter cinnamon roll! I mixed peanut butter, bit of brown sugar and ground cinnamon as the filling. I like crunchy peanut butter for this bread to give a bit of ..."crunch", but smooth one is nice too. ;)

For the dough I used my basic rich bun recipe.
Ingredients:
- Brioche type sweet buns -
Starter (strawberry) 130g
Very strong flour 250g
Butter 40g
Sugar 30g
Egg 2 + Milk =150g
Oil 1tsp

The smell of peanut butter and cinnamon was so inviting!

Look at the inside, it's nice and soft. ;D

Andy said 'it was like a nice peanut butter sandwich.'
Well, I take that as a compliment...

This rich brioche type dough is not only for cinnamon rolls but also works with buns with sweet fillings such as custard or jam;) 

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment