Monday, June 3, 2013

Carrot cake with Homemade carrot jam


I don't know why, but I bought more than enough carrots for us to eat... So to rescue those carrots, I made a jam with them. It's a bit unusual but they don't taste like vegetable, but more like a marmalade without bitterness from the orange skin....

Now, the hard part of dealing with the carrots was done, I had to make a cake with it... Yes, it's the classic Carrot and Spice cake.;)

When I add jam in a cake, I normally use less butter and sugar because jam has already got sweetness and moisture. When it comes to a carrot cake, I like to add quite a bit of spice such as cinnamon, vanilla, mixed spice.... I love the smell of these spices coming out of the oven. :D

I added cinnamon butter cream icing and more carrot jam on top. The cake was nice and moist, and with every bite there was a satisfying amount of carrots in it, which is exactly what I expect from a Carrot Cake! Hummm, heavenly...

Another carrot cake from two (wow, time flies!) years ago!

Or here is another way to use up those carrots: Carrot Brownie.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment