Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Butterscotch cake

I'm currently (or forever...) trying to tidy up the kitchen cupboards and I found a packet of butterscotch chips that needed to be used.

To start with I was going to put just a handful of them in my basic sponge cake to make a butterscotch cake. However, as I was putting them in the batter, I found myself going crazy... I put the whole lot in...! Oh well.., I love finishing things and after all it was a Butterscotch Cake, wasn't it?


I carefully folded the butterscotch chips into the sponge batter, thinking they would blend in the sponge nicely, but after the bake all the chips were sank on the bottom. As a result of that, it naturally became a layered cake... Crispy butterscotch on the bottom and light vanilla sponge on top. I glazed the cake with caramel sauce and vanilla sugar.

It smelt good, tasted even better. A simple sponge cake turned into a bit of a treat by accident. :) Someone from Andy's work gave me a really nice comment on the cake too. It was a great success in the end. ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment