Thursday, September 20, 2012

Purple grape bread

This is the ultimate grape bread! I made these rolls with the grape juice that I made from the grapes from our garden.

In stead of water I used grape juice as a liquid to make the dough, which made the dough into beautiful purple colour. Because our grapes have pips, I didn't want to put the fruits in the dough but to give the sweet taste of grape I added raisins.

The dough took longer than normal to prove. I don't know the science but maybe it's because of the grape's acid? Anyone got any ideas?

Anyway, the breads came out nicely and had lovely colour inside. (They were gone before I had a chance to take a picture of inside...,oops.. greedy again...)

I've changed water to grape juice but everything else is the same as my Super easy bread. I had my home made grape juice available but a shop-bought 100% grape juice would be fine. ;)

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment