Friday, May 9, 2014

Carrot cornet bread

I love the way the cornet bread looks....
These cute looking cornet rolls are very poplar in Japan. They are normally filled with sweet cream such as custard or chocolate.


I used to make them everyday at my old job but I haven't made them for a while, so I thought 'why not practice the shaping a bit'.  Some of them were bit loose but I think I've still got it. ;)

This time I added carrot powder in the dough made with strawberry yeast to use them for a savoury meal. When I was making them, I actually had one very specific thing in mind to fill these buns...

Yes! Egg mayo! It was aaaamazing! 
I overloaded it and had to push the filling in with some asparagus...
Does this look like a carrot? ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment