Friday, January 20, 2012

Gluten free ginger cupcake

Even though I'm not particularly on any special diets (except non-meat...), I sometimes like to try recipes for special diets such as gluten free, wheat free, sugar free...

So today, I'm going for "gluten free". I used rice flour as an alternative to normal flour and unrefined palm sugar instead of refined white sugar. Sounds more nutritious and healthier, no?

Since I'm a big ginger lover and brown sugar and ginger go so well, I've added a lot of ginger in the cake. When I was mixing the ingredients, the spicy flavour of ginger was hitting my nose heavenly...

I was slightly worried that the cake might not rise with rice flour but it did come out looking just perfect! As soon as I bit into one, I was like..."I'm genius..." Oops sorry... I'm normally a humble baker..., but this gluten free cupcake was so tasty. Just how I like it!

Ingredients:

Rice flour 130g
Corn flour 20g
Palm sugar (grated) 150g
Butter 150g
Egg 2
Milk 50g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Ginger powder 1tsp
Crystallised ginger (chopped)  2-3 tbsp

1.Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Cream butter and palm sugar until it's fluffy.
2. Add eggs and milk into 1 and mix well.
3. Sift together rice flour, corn flour, baking powder and ginger powder into 2. Fold in.
4. Fold chopped crystallised ginger into 3.
5. Pour the mixture into a cupcake mould. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment