Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bush de Noël

Another of my Christmas baking, Bush de Noel! I usually see this log-like cake made with chocolate, but I went for a white Christmas:)

First of all I baked a  large sponge cake for Swiss roll, which came out really well. Then I made three different fillings to go inside the cake, lemon custard, vanilla butter cream and cream cheese icing. I spread those fillings on the cake and rolled it tight. To finish it off, I covered my Swiss roll with meringue, made lines with fork, and then coloured the surface with blowtorch. Andy made me snows made with meringue to go with the log;)

I really liked my white Christmas log, but when I tasted I liked it even more! Quite frankly, this was the best sponge cake I ever made and the creams and meringue were awesome! I couldn't help having another piece!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment