Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sourdough Pumpkin Bread

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins...
They get their prime spots everywhere this time of year, don't they...:)

Lots of pumpkins around means... I'm making lots of pumpkin breads and cakes! :D

To begin with, I made mini sourdough pumpkin loaves.

Ingredients:
Strong flour 250g
Starter 125g
Salt 4g
Brown sugar 20g
Butter 20g
Milk 160g
Pumpkin puree 100g
***

Butter and cinnamon sugar for topping

If you're interested in more detailed recipe for this bread, please sign up to my mailing list. ;D
Email
 

When I make pumpkin breads or cakes, I use Japanese pumpkins called Kabocha. It has natural sweet flavour and nice fluffy texture that are perfect for baking.

My pumpkin loaves came out with bright yellow colour and had a nice light texture. The cinnamon sugar on the top made them taste warm and it felt kind of festive... it was just how I wanted...;) 

She loved it too! Great way to make your kids eat veggie!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment