Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Purple Sweet Potato & Chestnut Sourdough Bread

This is a variation of my Purple Sweet Potato Sourdough Bread.

I wanted to make something Autumny so I added sweet chestnut paste in this pretty pink rolls.

At the final shaping I put the chestnut paste in the middle of the dough and kind of shaped the bread around it so that the paste was sealed in... But then, I scored the top... to let the paste out...?, hum..., I sometimes (or often) don't know what I'm doing...

Anyway, the caramelised bits of chestnut paste on the top and some on the sides were the nicest bits!
We discovered cheesy toasts with this bread work too. The sweet paste and the saltiness from cheese went very well. (They were too good that I ate them all before I had a chance to take picture...)

You can of course make this bread with your usual white bread too.

Here is the recipe for Chestnut Paste. :D 

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment