Monday, September 30, 2013

Happy Birthday to Pete!

Happy Birthday to Pete ~♪
It was my dad-in-law's birthday last Friday, and we had his birthday dinner on Saturday.

And, this is the cake I made for him! What shall we call it, 'face cake'? This is probably one of my favourite birthday cakes I've ever made. ;D

Andy and I made a stencil cut out of his face on a piece of paper and placed it on the cake, then I sprinkled cinnamon icing sugar to make his face appear on the cake. How cool is that! Even we, who made the cut out, was amazed how good it came out and how much it looked like him!


I kept the other decoration simple. The cake was coated with cream and funfetti macarons were placed on the bottom.


For the inside, I did checkerboard cake (I made it for Ony's birthday too, that was vanilla and chocolate...), this time I made brown sugar and mixed spice sponge cake, and hazelnut sponge cake.


Although we were very full after the main meal, we managed to squeeze a small slice of cake;)

I'm so up for doing this 'face cake' again for other occasions. In fact, I might start taking orders for it...

Happy birthday to Pete, and thank you for the lovely dinner! ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment