Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Gluten-free Coconut Lemon Tart

Coconut is one of the great alternatives to flour when it comes to gluten-free baking. I use just the coconut flour as a substitute of flour for my Coconut Swiss Roll, which works very well. However, for tarts or cakes that requires more height, you do need some more fine flour substitutes such as gluten-free plain flour or rice flour.

With this coconut tart, I used gluten-free plain flour, same as my Gluten-free Bakewell tart, but replaced some flour with the coconut flour and I also used coconut flour in the filling. When the tart was in the oven, the kitchen was filled with the smell of beautiful coconut and refreshing lemon... I couldn't wait to taste it!

Ingredients:
Pastry
Gluten-free plain flour 200g
Coconut flour 50g
Butter 100g
Sugar 100g
Egg 1
----
Lemon filling
Lemon 2 (juice and zest)
Sugar 150g
Egg 1
Butter (melted) 85g
Coconut flour 30g

1. Prepare the pastry. (follow the Sweet pastry recipe).
2. Preheat the oven to 180Âșc. Blind bake the pastry for 10 minutes.
3. Make the filling. Combine all the ingredients together, and mix well.
4. Pour the filling in the blind baked tart. Bake 35 minutes. (If the top of the tart start to brown, cover with foil.)
5. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight.


The crusty coconut pastry is a perfect match with the sweet lemony filling... ;D

More tart?

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment