Friday, March 15, 2013

Rum raisin cake

I realised that lately I've been making lots of breads and not many cakes, and yesterday I had a sudden urge of doing those delicate and gentle movement of cake making.

Since my daughter wasn't going to have the cake, I decided to give it a little booze. I added rum raisins. I soak raisins and vanilla beans together in rum and keep it in the fridge. It's very useful when I want to spice up a simple cake or ice cream.

I have to admit the rum raisin cake was absolutely heavenly... It was sweet, buttery, and not so alcoholic, which was good for morning tea.;)

Dust the raisins with a little flour so that they won't sink on the bottom.

Ingredients:

Flour 90g
Almond powder 10g
Sugar 100g
Butter (melted) 100g
Egg 2
Rum raisin 50g

1. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Beat eggs and sugar until it's fluffy.
2. Fold in melted butter into 1.
3. Sift flour and almond powder into 2.
4. Fold in rum raisin into 3.
5. Pour the mixture into cupcake tin. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 20minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment