Monday, March 4, 2013

Rice flour milk bread

My basic ratio of ingredients for a loaf of bread is 'flour 100%, liquid 80%, + others...' and I like to vary the types of flour or liquid, or add other ingredients such as nuts, fruits and jams.

Today, I mixed rice flour with strong flour. The inside of the loaf was beautifully white and the texture was so nice and soft. I couldn't taste the rice flour much but it had a subtle sweetness of rice.

Next time I'm going to add more rice flour to see if the dough still keeps a good spring and shape. ;)

Ingredients:

Strong flour 200g
Rice flour 50g
Milk 200g
Brown sugar 20g
Yeast 3g
Salt 3g
Butter 20g

1. Put all the ingredients except butter in the standing mixer, and knead for a few minutes.
2. Add butter. Keep kneading for 10 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover with cling film and rest it until it has doubled in size.
4. Punch the dough to let the air out. Make a ball and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
5.Grease the tin. Reshape the dough and place in the tin. Rest it until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 190ºc. Bake for 40 minutes.



Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment