Saturday, March 9, 2013

Banana milk buns

My daughter loves bananas. She is only 11 months but will easily eat a whole banana... Blood is thicker than water...

Anyway, I made banana buns for her. Because the ripe banana was already sweet as is, I didn't add any sugar. But the bread still had a subtle sweetness and taste of banana but not too over powering.

Andy and Lana kept going back for more. Seeing them enjoy my baking is the best compliment for me. ;D xxx

Ingredients:

Strong flour 215g
Rye flour 35g
Yeast 3g
Salt 3g
Milk 200g
Banana (peeled and mashed) 100g
Butter 20g
Egg for egg wash

1. Put all the ingredients except butter in the standing mixer, and knead for a few minutes.
2. Add butter. Keep kneading for 10 minutes.
3. Place the dough in a clean bowl, cover with cling film and rest it until it has doubled in size.
4. Punch the dough to let the air out. Divide the dough into 7 pieces. Make them into balls and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Gently reshape the dough and place on a baking tray. Rest it until it has doubled in size.
6. Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Egg wash the top. Bake for 20 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment