Friday, May 11, 2012

Very moist lime cake

After the last weekend's party, we had a lot of limes and cream left over from making cocktails and mocktails. So, I decided to use them up in my cake as usual;)

This time it's a variation of my "non butter cream cake". I've changed lemon to lime and quantity of eggs. I also made lime syrup to brush the cake to give it as much lime flavour as I can. :D

I've left the cake in the fridge overnight to let the syrup properly soak in. When I took the cake out of the fridge the following morning, I smelt of lovely citrus flavour, and as soon as I bit into it, the sweet and tangy taste of lime spread in my mouth... Humm, heavenly...

It's nice to eat soon after the cake is cooled but it's better wait until next day so that it becomes really moist and juicy, just how I like it!

Ingredients:

Plain flour 200g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Double cream 250g
Sugar 150g
Egg 2
Lime juice 3 tbsp
Lime zest 1 tsp

1.Sift flour and baking powder together. Preheat the oven to 180ºc.
2. Combine double cream and sugar in a bowl and mix to just before "soft peaks".
3. Mix in eggs, lime juice and lime zest to 2.
4. Fold in flour and baking powder.
5. Pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake in the pre heated oven (180ºc) for 40 minutes.
6. While the cake is in the oven, prepare the syrup. Combine all the ingredients for the lime syrup in a bowl. Put in the microwave for 3-4 minutes. (Be careful, it gets really hot!)
7. When the cake is done, pour the syrup over the cake while the cake is hot.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment