Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cheesy scone

I am a Cheese Monster.... from mild Cheddar to matured Camembert I love all sorts of cheese except.... Blue cheese... And there was a block of blue cheese in a pack of cheese selection that we had the other day. I didn't want to waste it so I decide to use in my baking.

This time, cheesy scones. A strong cheese like blue cheese goes really well with honey so I added a good couple of squeeze of honey,... and it worked amazingly;)

The saltiness of cheese and the sweetness of honey was simply a marriage made in heaven... So good that I kept going back for more and more!

This recipe will work with other cheese too. Try it with your favourite cheese. ;)

Ingredients:

Plain flour 100g
Strong wholemeal flour 150g
Sugar 20g
Baking powder 2 tsp
Butter 80g
Cheese (crumbled) 70g
Honey 70g
Egg 1

1. Mix Plain flour, Strong wholemeal flour, Sugar, and Baking powder together. Cut Butter into a dice shape.
2. Put the butter and cheese into the flour mixture, and mix them with your fingers until they become crumbs.
3. Beat an egg and mix into 2. Place the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and kneed until it stick together. (DO NOT kneed too much as it will make scones hard.) Wrap the mixture in a cling film and rest it for 30mins.
4. On the lightly floured surface roll 3. to 1 inch thickness.
5. Preheat the oven to 200º. Cut 4 into a round shape (or any shape you like).
6. Bake them for 15-20 minutes until the top is slightly brown.

And for my basic scone recipe, visit The World of Sweets - Scone.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment