Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Apple & Cinnamon cheese cake

There were apples and cream cheese that had been sitting and looking at me every time I open the fridge..., so I came up with this recipe to finally use them up. ("Fridge clearing cake" that's what I'm going to call it!..;D).

After having left the cake in the fridge to chill, it got very moist and the taste of apple and cinnamon seems to have really sunk in. It was like having apple pie and cheese cake at the same time in my mouth... yum yum....

Although it's a sort of cheese cake, it's not as cheesy as normal cheese cake like my New York cheese cake. In fact, it's more like in between cheese cake and pound cake.

I cut the cake into small square pieces and had them with a nice milky cup of tea... Hummm, "one more piece" led to another and another, and before I knew the cake was gone... Hummm, it was... bit too good....

Ingredients:

Plain flour 150g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Salt pinch
Cinnamon powder 1/2 tsp
Cream cheese 300g
Brown sugar 15g
Egg 2
Apple (grated) 2
Honey 2 tbsp

1. Grate apples.Preheat the oven to 180ºc. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar together until it's fluffy.
3. Add eggs into 2 one at a time and mix well.
4. Mix grated apple and honey into 3.
5. Fold flour mixture into 4.
6. Pour the mixture into a cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven (180ºc) for 40-45 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment