Thursday, August 9, 2012

Mini apple pie

We had the first harvest from our garden's apple tree the other day and yes of course, there is no time for me to wait but go in the kitchen to make the classic apple dessert, Apple pie!

First I made an apple confiture to put in the pie. I used much less sugar than I normally does when I make a jam in order to enjoy the natural sweetness of the apples.

This time I made the puff pastry myself too. It came out pretty well. The pastry rose nicely and was light and flaky.

Instead of a big pie, I baked mini apple pies. They were easy to pick up..., maybe too easy that you eat more and more...

The apples you grow yourself taste so good and feels rewarding too. There are more apples on the tree. Hummm, what shall I make next... ;)

Puff pastry from scratch? Why not? :)

Ingredients:
Puff pastry
Butter (diced and softened) 100g 
Flour 200g
Cold water 100ml
Salt pinch

Apple confiture
2-3 tbsp each

1. Prepare the puff pastry. Sift flour in a bowl and add cold water to make a smooth dough. 
2. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to a square (1cm thick).
3. Place the butter in the middle of the dough and fold the 4 corners so that the butter is properly sealed. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Roll out the dough again to a long rectangle. (5mm thick)
5. Letter fold the dough.
6. Turn the dough 90 degrees.
7. Repeat 4 and 5. Wrap the dough in the cling film and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
8. Repeat 4 to 7 two more times. (see below for how to.)

9. Preheat the oven to 180Âșc. Roll out the dough very thinly. Cut it into 8 pieces. Press the pastry into cupcake tin.
10. Put 2-3 tbsp of apple confiture into the pastry. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top becomes golden.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment