Sunday, August 19, 2012

Apple crumble cake

Another cake made with the apples with our garden. This time, it's the classic Apple crumble cake. (Have you seen the mini apple pies?)

I used the same apple confiture as the one I used for my mini apple pie. With a generous amount of the apple confiture, the cake had a nice moisture as well as the richness of apple. Yum yum yum...

Oh, and don't forget the crumble topping. I love that crunchiness so much that I was cutting the top bits off to eat... cheeky...;D

This apple cake was good when it was freshly baked but tasted even better when it was cooled in the fridge. Seriously..., it was really tasty. I think this cake was one of the best cakes I've recently made... (saying it myself...). :)

Ingredients:
Flour 150g
Baking powder 1 tsp
Brown sugar 150g
Egg 3
Butter (melted) 100g
Apple confiture 100g
---
Crumble
Butter 50g
Demerara sugar 50g
Flour 75g

1. Preheat the oven to 180Âșc. Make the crumble by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and rub with fingers until the mixture becomes sandy.
2. Make the cake mixture. Beat eggs and sugar together until it's fluffy.
3. Add melted butter into 2 and mix well.
4. Sift flour and baking powder. Fold them into 3.
5. Fold in apple confiture into 4.
6. Pour the cake mixture into a cake tin. Put the crumble on top.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the top of the cake is lightly golden.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment