Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sugar free ginger cake

I made another one of those cakes that are perfect for those who are watching their diet. (Me! ...for my baby's sake....) This time Sugar free ginger cake.

As soon as I heard that ginger was good for breast feeding mums, I immediately wanted to make a cake with ginger. As a baker, I can't help tasting the ingredients that are supposed to be good for you in my baking...;)
And I thought I might as well make this cake a bit healthier by using no sugar and less fat.

So... here is how it's made.
Ingredients:

Flour 50g (or alternatively brown flour 30g + oat 20g)
Egg 1
Date syrup 2tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Ginger powder 2tsp
Baking powder 1tsp

1. Preheat the oven to 180º.
2. Beat egg until it's light and fluffy.
3. Mix in Date syrup and oil into 2.
4. Fold flour into 3.
5. Pour the mixture into cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.

I used brown flour and oat this time but normal flour will work too.
Add crystallised ginger for an actual bite of ginger (though that will the cake not sugar free).

As this cake is light, not too sweet and won't make me feel too full, it's perfect for breakfast or side dish of any meals. ;)

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment