Monday, June 25, 2012

Lemon yeast bread

For the last few weeks I've been making lemon yeast. It took longer than my raisin yeast to be ready and I didn't get as many bubbles as raisin one. But it started to smell like alcohol so I decided "it's ready" and baked a mini loaf with it.

I thought... since I waited patiently for this yeast to be ready, I shouldn't rush for the important "bake" part. So, I took my time:) I left the dough in the fridge for overnight. Resting the dough in a cool place for a long time brings the sweetness of the flour and gives the bread more depth of flavour.

After two weeks of careful preparation, my lemon yeast bread came out from the oven nicely. I couldn't wait any longer and had one immediately!

It was so good, simple, sweeter than usual bread. Hummm, nothing can beat freshly baked bread...

Ingredients:

Flour 500g
Sugar 40g
Salt 7g
Honey 2 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp
Lemon yeast 350ml

1. Put all the ingredients in the standing mixer with a dough hook attached. Turn the mixer on and knead for 10 minutes.
2. Cover the dough with cling film and rest it in the fridge overnight.
3. Punch the dough to let the air out. Rest for 10 minutes.
4. Grease a loaf tin with oil, place the dough and rest it until it has doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 200ºc. Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment