Monday, March 3, 2014

Hinamatsuri. 雛祭り-2014-

Time flies.. and It's Hinamatsuri again!
I've posted about this Japanese girls' festival in the past, so I'm not going to talk about the details, but it's a day to celebrate and wish for the happiness and healthy growth of girls.

To celebrate Hinamatsuri I made a special Swiss roll for Lana (and me...) I've always thought that when Hinamatsuri comes, the spring begins. So I made what I want to call "Spring Swiss Roll". I drew flower petals and leaves...;)

The cake itself is my classic Swiss Roll but I used rice flour in stead of plain flour and there is whipped cream in the middle (I didn't add any sugar this time).


The colour and mini size looks quite Japanesey...

I put strawberries on top and...

A slice of this super light cake is a perfect little treat for a little person!
Lana absolutely love it;D xxx

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment