Monday, February 10, 2014

Croissant - Strawberry yeast

It's been a while since I made croissants and last weekend I had a sudden craving for the buttery pastry.

I choose my strawberry yeast in order to achieve a nice flaky outside. (my strawberry guys are the best when it comes to the crust!). My guys did a great job. The croissants came out with flaky layers and they smelt heavenly!

I used the same recipe as the one with raisin starter, but I added a tea spoon of honey in the dough. Because it's pretty cold now, the proofing took much longer this time, in fact I went to sleep during the final proofing....;D


The following morning, we had freshly baked croissants.... yes, nothing can beat freshly baked croissants on a Saturday morning! They were simply beautiful, probably the best croissants I ever made! And it had no yeast but my starter!

I just love those moments when a long process comes down to a perfect success, and it definitely was one of those moment. :D

Forget about the amount of butter! It's a 'Buttery Heaven'!

And, mini ones for Lana;)

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment