Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year! -2014-

Happy New Year, every one! Wishing you all an awesome year ahead!
Are you a sort of person who makes New Year's resolutions? I don't really do a massive 'to do list' but there are some new thing that I want to try as well as things that I am determined to improve this year! And one of them is to learn a traditional Japanese confectionery called "和菓子 (Wagashi)", which is a very delicate and pretty looking sweet, and most importantly it's delicious and I love it!

So, I made my first attempt on making Wagashi for New Year's treats. I made mini "鏡餅 (Kagami mochi)" which is one of the traditional Japanese New Year's decorations.
I probably didn't do this in a traditional way but I was quite pleased with my first Wagashi attempt;) It looked super cute;D
I also made some flowers. The inside is white so it's 'Red and White' which is a colour combination used for celebrations in Japan. Good choice for New Year, I thought...
I put my New Year's treats in おせち(Osechi), which is a traditional Japanese New Year's food. Usually you don't have any desserts in Osechi but I couldn't help it...
In one of the boxes there are my wagashi flowers, super light green tea cakes and rum soaked sweet chestnuts... They all went down so well.

2014 is going to be more breads and cake in the WOS kitchen, and I will be sharing more recipes too!

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment