Monday, December 2, 2013

Stollen - 2013 -

December is here and everywhere seems to be getting more and more Christmasy each day... and here I am... already started the Christmas bake!

As I did last year I made stollen again this year. ;D I prepared the rum soaked fruits way back in September, and I just couldn't wait any longer!
I've change the recipe slightly but the basics are the same as last year. Plenty of rum soaked fruits (plus ginger this year!) and roasted nuts and coconuts are the stars to my stollen, and they smell absolutely amazing even when they are in the oven!

I love the marzipan inside and the feel of incing sugar melting in the mouth with every bite.

It's such a rich and indulgent treat which I think is one of the must have treats at Christmas time... ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment