Saturday, July 14, 2012

お食い初め (Okuizome)

Today we had Lana's 100 days party called "お食い初め (Okuizome)" which is a Japanese tradition where we prepared a special "first meal" for Lana to wish her food in abundance and in the hope that she will never go hungry for the rest of her life.

Usually there is a grilled whole fish on the menu but I couldn't get one so I baked a "fake fish"for her... Fish-shaped brioche. Well, I did cook those Japanese dishes but I'm a baker after all... I couldn't help baking something for my girl! :D

Obviously, being only 100 days old Lana can't eat them yet... so we had them for her. Yum yum yum... ラナ、ごちそうさま。

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment