Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pizza party!

Last weekend we had our family and friends around and had an utterly awesome pizza party! Yes, we've finally got THE pizza oven in our garden! (we talked about this even before we had the house...)

As a baker I couldn't have been more excited to have everyone around for something floury and includes a lot of dough and baking. ;D

I was so looking forward to this that the day before and the morning before everyone arrived I was most of the time in the kitchen preparing the pizza dough, cakes, buns, pastries... I loved it.. I love doing multiple bakes and preps. It makes my blood go 'Boom Boom!';)

After all the preps, it was time to light the oven, which was Andy's job, and before I knew the first pizza was ready even though there were only few guests... Then, more people arrived. More pizzas were made... While I was busy chasing Lana, chatting to friends, everyone got involved making their own pizzas (some with unique toppings, others with classic stuff). In the end I didn't need to do any rolling or anything! I was just tasting every one's pizza. Yum yum yum...

I also made plenty of other nibbles...


I made mini buns for mini sliders. These are, of course, made from my trusted guy, Banana yeast starter, and they went down very well. I honestly believe a good bun makes all the difference...



There were some mini cakes. Jam donut muffins, chocolate cake, and carrot cake, chestnut cake. And an all time classic, very popular cream puffs, which were filled with custard and fresh cream. :)


Then there were macarons again... This time I made green tea ones and filled with sweet chustnuts cream. This macarons were probably my favourite of all the things I made for that day...


I was so busy enjoying myself that I forgot to take pictures of other stuff but, there were other food like vegetarian sausage rolls, another sourdough bread (milk and honey loaf), and palmier biscuits (they were addictive too...)

And also special thanks to Esther, who brought a lovely chocolate. ;) (I forgot to take a photo;(...)

Big thanks to everyone who came around and made our pizza party such a fun time. It was simply awesome. xxx ;D

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment