Sunday, April 15, 2012

Raisins & Oats bread

A variation of my previous post, Super easy bread. This time I used oats and raisins to give the bread a nice bite to it. It worked very well.., just as I wanted. :D Every mouthful I could tasted the sweet raisins and feel the bits of oats.

Toasting and spreading a nob of butter really brings out the flavour. Yum yum yum..., baking those breads really makes me realise again how much I love making breads!

Ingredients:
Strong flour 400g
Oats 100g
Sugar 40g
Water (lukewarm) 350g
Dried yeast 7g
Salt 5g
Margarine 50g 
Raisin 3-4 handfuls

1. Put strong flour, oats, sugar, salt and yeast in a standing mixer with a dough hook attached.
2. Pour lukewarm water over yeast. Turn the mixer on and knead for a minutes.
3. Add margarine into 2. Keep kneading for 10 minutes. Add raisin and knead another few minutes.
4. Cover the dough with cling film and rest it until it has doubled in size.
5. Punch the dough to let the air out. Rest for 10 minutes.
6. Grease a loaf tin with oil, place the dough and rest it until it has doubled in size.
7. Preheat the oven to 200Âșc. Bake for 30 minutes.

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment