Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Jubilee tea party

Britain was filled with a festive feel as people celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. We enjoyed the last day of this long weekend too in a very English style... Afternoon tea.



The menu of our Jubilee tea party was...;

- Variety of sandwiches with homemade bread (I baked my super easy bread and Andy made the sandwiched.)
- Homemade scones (For the recipe, see The World of Sweets: United Kingdom)
- Berries & cream tartlets (For the sweet pastry recipe, see my Lemon meringue tart)
- Union Jack Battenberg. I made one too in a slightly different style for the royal wedding a year ago. (Have you seen my royal wedding battenberg?)

All the food was really good and I loved this cheesy setup too:D Now I'm thinking we should have afternoon tea more often ;)

Oh and these are the cupcakes that I made for the street party on Sunday which didn't happen in the end because of the bad weather... So we just ate them and took some to Andy's mum and dad. Raspberry cupcakes and Blueberry cupcakes for the colour of Union flag... tastes yum yum too... :)

Let's hope we'll have another Jubilee tea party in 10 years...

Enjoyed the article?

My best content on baking, cakes and breads. Delivered to you for free.



I won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment